The Parish Church of St. Cuthbert
Designed by the Lancaster firm of Architects, Paley and Austin, in the Gothic style, St Cuthbert’s Church was dedicated in 1878. In 1907-08 the nave was completed and a clock tower added. It is of sandstone construction and has a slate roof. A six-month long repair of the East Window was completed at the end of January 2015, the work being funded equally by the congregation and English Heritage/Heritage Lottery Fund.
The magnificent pipe organ case is 18th century (1702) by Bernhardt Schmidt, and was brought from Kendal in the Lake District. This historic organ is supplemented by an electronic organ.
There is no churchyard adjoining the church. However, a memorial ground is set aside for the burial of ashes.
Click here to read more about the history of St. Cuthbert and the church.